1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Battery/AC not working right

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by emcguru, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emcguru

emcguru Thread Starter

I have a Gateway laptop that the Battery/AC is not working right. When I have just the AC plugged in and the battery removed the laptop works ok. When I plug in the battery the laptop runs off of the battery only and does not recognize the AC being connected. The AC will not charge the battery. When the battery dies the computer shuts down even though the AC is plugged in. Then if I remove the battery and turn the laptop on it works. I have plugged in the battery both with the AC connected and with it not connected. I have checked all the AC connections and they appear ok. The status lights on the front of the laptop for the battery only turn solid red when the battery goes dead. I have purchased 2 new Rayovac batteries and have the same results. When I went into the BIOS to learn my old battery it said it was over voltage condition and it had no charge. That is why I got a new battery. The first new Rayovac battery was defective when I first plugged it in and I had to get another new battery. Can anybody help me out? :(

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3959 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1852 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 147500 MB, Free - 79363 MB; D: Total - 147501 MB, Free - 138578 MB;
    Motherboard: Gateway , , 99.03 , QTFBQS83900243
    Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973793

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice