1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop battery charge, and connection question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by focheese1991, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. focheese1991

focheese1991 Thread Starter

Hey everyone new to the forum, name is James.

So basicly my laptop battery stopped holding a charge and is not be read as connected.
    This happened because I was working to fix a physical issue and had removed the battery and put it back in multiple times while my charge cord/ power core was connected.

Hense I can't use my laptop without it being plugged in anymore, so I was wondrring if this is fixable if so what would something like that run me?

2. mpeet611

mpeet611

The cost of a new battery will depend on what make & model laptop you have because the price varies by manufacture. First i would try cleaning the connectors between the battery & the laptop because some dirt may have gotten in there & could be interfering with the battery's operation.

3. focheese1991

focheese1991 Thread Starter

Okay, I will do that

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice