Laptop battery charges only after complete drain

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LabDweller

Hi guys, I have a problem with my laptop battery. It refuses to charge unless it's completely drained to 0%. It has no problem charging back up to 100% afterwards, but it just won't charge if it's anything above 0% even if the laptop is turned off, which has me baffled. I've searched for this problem but all I've found are instances where the battery WON'T charge after a complete drain, which is like the opposite of my problem...

I have an Averatec 2100 laptop running Windows XP. My battery specs are as follows:

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
Name: MS-1013
Unique ID: (blank)
Chemistry: LION
Power state: On Line
Manufacturer: (blank)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online