1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop battery disconnected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DominikMicek, Nov 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DominikMicek

DominikMicek Thread Starter

Hello, I have a problem regarding my laptop battery.

My laptop has shut down 'cause the battery was empty, I didn't know that and searched for fixing the problem. In the end i pressed the battery eject button on the bottom of my laptop.

Keep in mind my lcd is broken as of now and I can't fix it right away. I was using a second monitor for the laptop but it won't display anything before the boot up.

Now whenever I boot my laptop I only see black on the right side of the screen and can not see the left side.

I need help guiding me blindly through the seemingly blank screen.

My laptop is Acer aspire e15.

Any help is appreciated.

2. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

Most monitors have options in their controls to move the displayed picture around; but, you might want to try "auto adjust" if it is there. Find the users manual for the monitor and use it's buttons.

3. DominikMicek

Tried all I could with the monitor, that is why I'm searching for a blind guide. I also tried connecting it to my tv using both hdmi and vga cables, nothing works.

4. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

The normal would be then to shut the laptop down (Winkey+D then Alt F4 since you can't see the Start button), take out the battery, disconnect the ac adapter, then press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds. This will drain all of the residual power from the laptop so it really resets. Reconnect the battery and ac adapter, turn it on, and pray a little.
    As a note you should really have the laptop off if you are going to try different displays; they get detected as part of the powering on sequence.
    P.S. How far to the left is the screen shifted?

5. DominikMicek

I didn't explain it properly.

I can't go to windows, but I'm rather on a black screen when I boot up.

Also, the screen isn't shifted, only my lcd is cracked so I can't see that left and middle-ish part of my screen.

I've tried doing the hard battery reset, that is why I'm stuck on that black screen part.

Hope you understand now. :)

6. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

If the black screen is happening after you login, try ALT-CTRL-DEL to see if it will let you run the task manager. If it never even gets to the login screen, either Windows has been badly hurt or the hard disk drive is about to die. Do you have all of your stuff backed up? (!!!)

7. DominikMicek

I don't even get to see windows logo, nor my acer bootup logo.

And it isn't from my ssd since I tested it on my friends laptop and the ssd is new.

8. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

And the SSD was working before the LCD got cracked or went bad? If it was, did you also use the external display(s) with the SSD?

9. DominikMicek

Yes, it was. And yeah, I did.

Everything was okay until i pressed the battery reset button, then upon boot it was just a blank screen I assume, as I see only the right half

10. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

11. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

12. DominikMicek

Yeah that is what I did in the beginning because I tought that there was a problem with my battery, since then it is as described.

And you're right, I will just wait until I get the lcd fixed.

Thank you for your help. :)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219421

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice