1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop battery doesn't charge

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nadim1996, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nadim1996

Nadim1996 Thread Starter

Hi,

i have an Asus g75vw-t1031v. When i plug my laptop in the indicator light turns on, when i then turn on the laptop windows says my laptop is connected and charging but the battery stays at 0%, it does not turn off but doesn't charge either.

I used a software tool to check if it actually charges and it says the charge rate is 0. Any ideas as to where the problem lies?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I think that laptop is about 5 years old so if it's the original battery it's worn out and you will need to get a new one.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You appear to have an ASUS ROG G75VW-T1031V 17.3" gaming laptop which came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
    All the reviews are dated mid-2012, so Allan is correct about that model laptop being about 5 years old.

You didn't say if yours runs for any length of time without the power adapter connected to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

4. Nadim1996

Nadim1996 Thread Starter

I recently bought a new battery because the old one died. To be more clear with what i tested; the battery charged from 10% to 25% then stopped charging (i did not touch anything), later i tried it again and it charged from 20% to around 30% before it once again stopped charging (adapter still plugged in). At that point (battery stopping w/charging) it was losing battery life. Right now it stays at 0% and does not charge entirely anymore.

5. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    If you disconnect the adapter does the battery power the laptop for any length of time ?
    It's best to go into the Bios before you unplug the adapter, that way you aren't risking Windows shutting down in a bad way.

6. Nadim1996

Nadim1996 Thread Starter

It did stay powered when at 20% and unplugged but since it's been at 0% (not charging back up for some reason) it doesn't. when i disconnect the adapter the laptop turns off

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    The new battery could be faulty. Could you contact the seller and ask for another battery or a refund ?

If the battery is ok it could be the charger or the laptop motherboard's power circuitry.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1197612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice