1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop/battery High Performance setting Questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by freshaloe, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freshaloe

freshaloe Thread Starter

Hey everyone, just had a couple of questions regarding the High Performance settings for laptop batteries.

1.) To me, selecting the High performance settings is like overclocking your laptop. It probably isn't, but my question is : If I set my laptop battery settings to High Performance, will it wear down my laptop? (like overclocking)

2.) In your experience with High Performance, does your laptop make more fan noises? (since it IS on high performance, your laptop is working harder right?)

Thanks for taking a look! (y)

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

High Performance just means less power-saving, no reduced CPU clock speed, and longer or non-existent automatic shutdown of the screen or PC itself. It is the setting that wears the battery the fastest, but won't wear down your machine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/690089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice