1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Battery Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rashid1985, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rashid1985

rashid1985 Thread Starter

I have a HP TM2T-2100 with windows 7 Pro 64 Bit. A few days ago, I noticed the battery was very low every time I unplugged it from the AC Adapter. Upon checking the battery settings in Windows I noticed that the batter charge level does not increase when plugged in.

Battery status while plugged in is "Plugged In, Charging" but there's no change in battery level. I have a second HP laptop and have tried all combinations of AC adapter + Battery on the other laptop and they all work fine and it actually charges. This is how I keep mine charged for now. There are no errors when testing the battery using HP provided tools.

I've tried removing the ACPI-Compliant Control Battery Method and it does not resolve the issue even temporarily.

2. tkwincru

tkwincru

Have you checked with HP to see if they have a driver for the system to charge the battery while in use? Sometimes there is a setting that needs to be re-set to allow the system to charge and be used at the same time. Also will the battery charge when it is disconnected fully or only in another system?

3. rashid1985

Sorry for the late reply.

I checked and there were no drivers. The batter does not charge on the laptop at all. Also, I decided to check the batteries with my old (broken laptop) this time. Both battery tests failed while in the new laptop (healthy system) they both passed.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    How old is the laptop?

5. ajkane

ajkane

It sounds like the battery is dead, that happened to my laptop once and as soon as I replaced the battery the problem went away.

6. rashid1985

The laptop is barely a year old.
    I don't see how it can be a bad battery if it works fine on a different laptop with the same specs. There are no problems with the battery using it on another laptop and it functions properly.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So is the laptop under still warranty? A laptop should charge the battery whenever its present, if it doesn't something is broken.

8. rashid1985

So I talked to the HP rep and it seems like it's not the battery or the AC adapter. The rep thought the problem is with the battery socket (the connection between laptop and battery). He's sending me and RMA.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice