1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop battery life not showing

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by iworld, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

Hello,

I bought a new HP computer (model dv2828ca) and for some reason on Vista it shows the % of how full the battery is, but it doesn't tell me how much time I have left on the battery.

I have like 4 battery's from older HP laptops, and all with different life expectancies. I would like to know, when I put each battery in my laptop how much time I have left until my laptop is out of battery.

I tried installing a Vista widget which shows the battery % and it was advertised to also show how much time left until the batter is dead, but sadly it only showed the % and not the time left. I also hate widgets, but if it's my only option then can someone send me one that works? If not, can someone please show me a better/good way to see how much battery time is left?

Thanks!

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    All of my laptops never showed time just the % of charge.

3. SonoInc

SonoInc

yeah it's just percent that shows. Don't know of any programs that will give you a time limit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice