1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop battery problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by christmas_, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christmas_

christmas_ Thread Starter

Problem Number 1
    Recently I realized that my laptop's low battery notification doesn't appear at all, so I thought I had accidentally toggled it off.

Went to Google to search for help, then I went into the specific part of Power Options to toggle on my low battery notification. However, I saw that my low battery notification has already been toggled on. So I thought, probably I reset the defaults, it might help.

Today, the same thing happened again. There was no low battery notification and my laptop went into hibernate mode due to low power. Restart my laptop and went to Power Options again. I still see the low battery notification as "on"

How come this is happening ?

Problem Number 2
    The battery icon at my tray states 50% (somewhere there) available, but yet my laptop auto goes into sleep mode, and when I switch on my charger and load my laptop and check, the battery icon shows 5% (can't remember, but it is some % below 8%) available (plugged in, charging)

How come this happen ?

My laptop is Acer Aspire

2. Gizmoto

Gizmoto

Maby Bad battery senser

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice