Laptop becoming loud when I use it in vertical mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AGuld

My laptop sometimes becomes loud when I use in it vertical mode as a secondary monitor. Is this due to the orientation of the laptop, or is it normal. More importantly, will my laptop be damaged if I continue to keep using it in vertical mode? Does having it stand up in vertical mode change anything? Btw, idk if this helps but I have a IdeaPad S145 laptop with Windows 10 installed.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What exactly do you mean by "loud", and where is it coming from in your laptop?

The only moving part that I can think of that makes any noise is its exhaust fan(s).

------------------------------------------------

plodr

Liz
Depending on which end you set it on, you might be blocking the exhaust vent by standing it on end. Laptops are not designed to be used in the manner you are choosing to use it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts