laptop beginner

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

antwill

hi can anyone help i bought a used laptop off ebay and it came without any info i can turn it on and thatys as far as i can go (52 yr old completely computer illiterate) i dont even know if i need to buy a mouse or anything dont laugh but any help would be most welcome.
many thanks
antwill

Stoner

Banned
Try a Google search, by typing in the name and model of the laptop along with "manual" or "user manual".
Sometimes a manufacturer will post a pdf file at their site for owners that lose or buy used without a manual.

good luck :)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you post the make/model of the machine, as well as what version of Windows is installed, I'm sure we can provide some assistance.

antwill

hi johnwill my computer is a toshiba tecra 500 cdt model num pa 1221e yx-en your help would be most appreciated thanks.
john:)

Tecra 500CDT

Model name/No. Tecra 500CDT / PA1221U-T2xx
Processor Intel Pentium(R) 120MHz w/VRT
Memory(MAX) 16MB/144MB
HDD 1.26GB
Display Display TFT Active Matrix Color 12.1 968x726
Display controller C&T HIQV32 (CT65550)
Video RAM 2MB
Sound CS4232, OPL3(YMF262), YAC512
PC Card controller TypeIIx2 or TypeIIIx1
IrDA IrDA 1.1:4Mbps
USB (none)
Modem 28.8/14.4Kpbs Data/Fax/Voice
LAN (none)
Last update 11-18-2004

Most likely you will need to put windows on this computer that might be why it is not starting up all the way. You will need a win98 boot floopy and windows 98 disk and good luck with all of the drivers.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I hope you didn't pay a lot for that notebook, it's pretty long in the tooth!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online