1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop black screen when resuming from sleep mode.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by computersarecool, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computersarecool

computersarecool Thread Starter

Last night, I was using my laptop to get some last minute work done. As I opened a new document, the power randomly went out and came back on one minute later. After that, I finished up what I was doing and went to bed. About 8 hours later, I woke up and heard a ringing sound, but I just thought my ears were ringing. As I got dressed, the ringing persisted.

As I needed to do something on the laptop, I flipped the screen open. Not only was the charger on, (its an igo green adapter, it usually shuts off when the laptop is off), the wifi light and hard drive light were solid. When I pressed a key on the keyboard, nothing happened. Not even using the trackpad would wake the thing up. Then I noticed that it was the laptop making the ringing. As nothing would work, I pressed and held the power button until it turned off. It started up, and I am using it to type this. When I put it to sleep again, will the same thing happen? And what caused it?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice