Laptop Boots in endless cycle

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chadbrown1212

Envy m6-1105dx Windows 8.1

I am trying to repair a laptop for my niece. The laptop turns on and shows the hp screen then goes black and then proceeds to restart itself. This process will continue unless I force the laptop to shut off. I tried to reset the cmos battery but that did not succeed. I also tried to pull each memory stick out to see if there was anything, no dice. The fact that it does not load to the bios has me thinking that it is the motherboard. I was wondering if there was anything else I can check before calling the laptop a lost cause? Thanks for any help you can provide.

See if you can boot a Windows install disk. If it loads properly, maybe you might want to re-install Windows, because a corrupted boot sector or corrupted Windows would do what you describe.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts