1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop buying help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jennilo84, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennilo84

Jennilo84 Thread Starter

So im looking at laptops to buy and im a bit unsure which one suits, it needs to be pretty affordable or cheap if im being honest, im looking for one thats got a good wireless on it with decent upload n download speeds, ill be using it mainly for my business, im a cake maker/decorator so ill be designing cupcake toppers and printing them with my edible ink printer and personalising party bags/stickers etc...

but im also prone to playing a wee bit of perfect world and other rpgs i can be an elf warrior princess in! Lol so id hate my game to be lagging constantly! Also im addicted to audiobooks and my phones memory is full up of them so i need a decent storage capacity to unload them i do listnen to them more than once so i dont want to delete them,

It doesnt need to be perfect or the best one out there! im gonna shop around on black friday for good deals but anything in perticular i should be looking for? or any tips from you lovely people here would be much appriciated thanks

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Sounds like your only real hardware requirements then are whatever is needed to play your game. I would start by checking the game requirements. They usually list minimum and recommended requirements. Then choose a model that at least meets the recommended requirements for that game. If it can play your game, it will do everything else you noted easily.

Brand wise, I prefer Dell. But there are numerous brands to choose from. In the end, it usually comes down to price and warranty.

3. sdburr

sdburr

Price range for 'good' laptops is around the $800 to $1,000 range. For gaming, expect to pay LOTS more. Your essential requirements for your uses are: RAM (8GB), Storage (1TB hd or 512GB SSD), a medium to high end graphics card with 2GB graphic memory on it.
    Read up on computer form-factors at https://www.pdxpc.net/shopping-for-a-new-computer/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!