1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop buying

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Glacier136, Sep 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Glacier136

Glacier136 Thread Starter

I am looking to start teaching online and I need a reliable laptop but one that doesn’t break the bank. Do you have any suggestions? MacBooks are super expensive and not sure I could afford one? What about Acer brand? I know it has to have windows 10 and 4gmb or higher and intel core i3 or higher.

I’d REALLY like some help. The company says it’ll update its lessons so a reliable fast laptop would be best to help with that. Are there any that would cost $300 range or am I asking for failure if I bought that cheap? What about renewed refurbished laptops?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thx for your time!! :)

2. Glacier136

Here’s a few requirements attachments :)

Attached Files:

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Do you really really need a LAPTOP ? As in, do you need the portability to work anywhere - really ? Personally, I would do my learning in my home. Because, for $300 you could get a better machine if it doesn't include a screen, and a keyboard, and a touchpad. Better value for your money, the machine will last longer because you're paying mainly for the faster CPU and the motherboard. A refurbished screen costs $30 for a smallish one - similar in size to a laptop. A good mouse costs $20. And a keyboard $15. A laptop is instantly ruined if you spill coffee on it because everything is underneath the keyboard. And they do tend to fall, whereas a desktop won't. If you have your own desk, I would buy a desktop. Anyways,. go browse around in newegg.com, they are a big outfit and have good prices.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  4. Glacier136

Oh wow! Thank you so much!! :) This is exactly what I needed to hear. If you could recommend a certain model or kind, I’d be GRATEFUL for that information as I’m clueless on what to buy. I just need something that will last, be reliable and fits their tech requirements.

Thank you SO much!! Honestly, this is the best advice I have received yet!

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

newegg.com requires javascript, a normal component of your browser, to run. And I don't turn on javascript for anything except for really needed sites that I go to because javascript can be attacked.

Anyways, you want an CPU: Intel i3 8th or 9th Generation, Form Factor: Desktop or MiniTower, Condition: Refurbished. Then go for the maximum you can afford. You can specify all that when you go to

Home > Computer Systems > Desktop Computers> Desktop Computers > Power Search

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!