1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop cannot connect to network but other devices do

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AidenMyykal, Mar 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AidenMyykal

AidenMyykal Thread Starter

Hello.
    Im having problems connecting my laptop (Win. 7) to my network. I am able to connect to my network with various different devices EXCEPT my laptop. There for I've concluded this is not a problem with my network itself. Its something to do with my laptop. I am able to "connect" to my network but says in have "Limited Access". My Ipv4 & Ipv6 say not connected. I've tried connecting via Ethernet cable, but no luck. I've tried everything from restarting my laptop and router to opening command prompt and refreshing. I was just able to connect to internet a few hours ago. Also, I noticed this problem first at a friends on a totally different WiFi network. That is when the problem started. I thought maybe there was something wrong with his network, but that's not the case.

Really need some help here.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. Make and full model of the laptop please
    2. GO Control Panel Network and sharing centre
    on left pane click change adapter settings
    what is shown please in main window
    if local area connection is shown - with Ethernet cable connected, right click that and make sure it is not disabled
    If it is then enable will be shown

There are a number of reasons that wireless may not work, but very few that would stop a hard wired connection.
    The most likely is that the connection is disabled.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1168801

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice