1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop can't add printer wirelessly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chinita2, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinita2

chinita2 Thread Starter

Oct 17, 2012
    Hello I need help!
    My main concern is that I want to be able to print wirelessly from any of the 3 laptops we have in the house. My canon MF4450 all-in-one printer is connected via USB to a laptop running on windows Vista. The other two laptops are on windows 7. All of the laptops have wireless connection to the internet.

From the laptop connected to the printer, I went to control panel, then Printers, right clicked and shared it. I also enabled file and printer sharing in the Network and Sharing Center. However, when I am on either one of the other two laptops (the ones from which I want to access the printer wirelessly) I go to "add printer", choose the second option "Add a network, wireless or bluetooth printer", but nothing can be found. I can only find the printer when I do the same thing from the laptop that is connected to the printer via usb.

I have downloaded and installed the printer driver on all computers. Can anyone help? Thanks
  2. pip22

Nov 21, 2004
    The Canon MF4450 is not a wireless model. You need a wireless printer if you want to access it from one or more wireless laptops.
  3. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

Oct 2, 2003
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1073088