1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop can't boot-up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aihsian, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aihsian

aihsian Thread Starter

I'm using the Compaq v3000 series laptop. Here's the thing, it doesn't boot up when it's just on battery(without the power cable plugged in). It's a 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery. However, this only happens when I don't switch on my laptop after 2 days. So to sum it up,

Scenario 1
    Laptop is fully charged on the 1st day, I try to boot it up with just the battery on the 3rd day, it doesn't boot up. The buttons on the keyboard is lit, but i just get a black screen. I try again by pressing the on/off button, no luck. But if I plug in the power cable and try to boot it up again, it works.

Scenario 2
    I find that if I use my laptop everyday, i don't face any problems getting my laptop to boot up, with or without the power cable.

So, could this be a battery problem? I'm pretty stumped, so it'll be great if someone could help me out on this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536751

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice