1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop can't print to wireless printer

Discussion in 'Networking' started by abtekk, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abtekk

abtekk Thread Starter

Hey guys, been banging my head on the wall about this issue.

I recently purchased an Epson XP-205 Wi-Fi printer, and I set it up on my network and installed the drivers to my laptop, initially I could print over the network, but since a restart I can't. I have tried an uninstall and reinstall of the printer, but to no avail and if it matters, I'm running W7 64-bit.

I've ensured the printing programs are part of my firewall exclusion rules, and I can access the printers set up page via 192.168.1.3, also as expected, the printer is "pingable". On top of this my Android tablet is able to send things to the printer, so I'm sure it is an issue with my laptop.

I'm tech minded, so feel free to rabble on, I'll understand.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I assume that there is now a printer icon in your Notification Area showing the print queue of files you've tried to print. Examine the settings in that to make sure the printer is not in a "use offline" mode.

In Devices and Printers right click on the printer - Printer properties (that's not the Properties choice at the bottom) - General tab - Print Test Page. What happens?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice