1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Charger

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by smc0011, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smc0011

smc0011 Thread Starter

Hello,

Whenever I plug my adapter into my laptop the CPU goes straight to 95-100% and stays on it but when I take it out it goes back to normal.

Also, It is a newer charger and it takes way longer to charge the laptop fully.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Is this "newer charger" the battery charging circuit in your laptop or do you actually mean the power supply (AC power cord and AC to DC adapter)? If the former, did you have the work done and do you have a warranty? If the latter I suspect you got the wrong power supply.

3. oshwyn5

oshwyn5

It sounds like this is not the proper adapter for your laptop and it does not meet the voltage and amperage requirements. Thus when plugged in , the power management circuitry throttles back the speed of the varialble speed processor to the minimum needed to do the job , at which point the CPU is running at 100% but maybe one quarter speed. or even less.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/730748

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice