laptop + check c drive for consistency

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zahrav

ok i used to have this problem once in a while...i have an acer travelmate 800lci laptop...gonna be 1 year in august. whenever i put the laptop to sleep (alt-f4), and then open it up again by pressing the function key, it doesnt do anything - it wont go back to the desktop screen. i can hear the fan noise from the back, but i have to hold down the power key to shut it off.

today this has happened 3 times, once i just shut the screen slightly to reach for something and it went black. i pressed function / power button and it wouldnt get out of the sleep mode.

any suggestions...im gonna run a defrag tomorrow.
do u think my data is safe, im gonna back up everything b4 i do the defrag cuz i dont want to lose everything.

thanks for any help.

zahrav

oh no, now ure scaring me...hehe. i'm probably gonna have to send it back to acer.

my dvd drive doesnt play some dvds either :confused:

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Are they the same region DVDs? Are they ORIGINAL DVDs that won't play?

zahrav

ya, like they play on a normal dvd player perfectly fine. its like some work and some dont.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Unless you can figure out a pattern of some sort..........

zahrav

hmmm well lets c, im running a defrag it will prolly be done by 10pm - i'll update then

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online