1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop connects to internet and network but the Internet Connection disapears

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Borron, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borron

Borron Thread Starter

Okay I just got a new laptop, running Windows vista, Business Downgrade sp2. for college about a week ago. It was working fine. It came with Dell Connect program that organized connections and worked along side windows connections.

After about a day, I was surfing the internet and I realized that Firefox and IE would just stop connecting to any website at all and would end up timing out. So then I decided to delete Dell Connect via Add/Remove Prog. and it seemed to work for the time being. everything was peachy through Windows Connections.

Then it happened again. I looked into my windows connections and realized that although I was connected to my network but the Internet Connections symbol was gone and there was no Internet Gateway area. I found that disabling and re-enabling the network connection worked but I'm still trying to find a way or a reason why the internet decides to leave.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Windows vista, Business Downgrade sp2? What's that?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/854793

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice