laptop connot recognise modem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zugzwang33

Hi Guys,
my laptop "tiny 80097TNB02T4 was xp but full of viruses so it has been formatted and updated to xp porfessional all works fine except it says modem not installed, I know it's still in there, but I don't have the install disc for it . How do I find out the make of it so that i can download the info so that it will recognise it.

regards Zug

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You need to visit the manufacturer's website and download the drivers for the on-board devices. Note that if this had an older version of Windows on it, it's quite possible that there is no XP drivers for the modem, I've been down that road. :)

zugzwang33

Hi bigbear sorry I've been so long in replying this is the first chance I've had to get back to this problem . I have used the windows help and support to search for the modem but it says " no modem installed " would baelric advisor not just come up with the same result ?
Zug

If the drivers are not installed then yes probably.
We need to see if we can find any drivers that will work, I will see what I can find.

zugzwang33

Hi Johnwill, sorry I've taken so long to reply, this is the first chance I've had to get back to this problem. Unfortunately the Manufacturers went Bust 6 months ago and there is NO information anywhere ( I've been searching and E-mailing sites for the last three week ) I even tried to get inside the laptop but got stuck 1/2 way I think the keyboard has to come out to let me finish getting the back off ! so I'm at a dead end unless baelric advisor will find it .
regards Zug

zugzwang33

Thanks, I did wonder if there was a generic driver that worked every modem but I suppose that's a bit hopeful or can I just download lots ofcommon drivers aand hope that one will work ( you can probably tell I don't know much about PC's

Cheers Zug

zugzwang33

WoW that link looks promising I'll try the modem down loads and let u know how I get on
thanks Zug

Yes just try them, sometimes its a proccess of elimination. Download and try to install the driver it will tell if it won't work.

zugzwang33

hi bigbear , could you please send me the link again for the Tiny computers modem drivers As I can't find the recent posts (2days ago ) when I do a search i'll paste & copy it this time
zugzwang33

zugzwang33

Hi again please disregard that last post as they have all appeared again !and I have copied the link
Zug

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online