1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop constantly freezes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cudzy, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cudzy

Cudzy Thread Starter

Hi,
    I'm using an NEC Versa S900 with Windows XP Professional Edition. I purchased this laptop about a year ago. No matter what I'm doing, or not doing, the bloody thing will sooner or later lock up completely for no apparent reason and then I'd have to turn off and turn back on the laptop and pray that it wouldn't happen again.

The wierd thing is that this only happens if i use the touchpad on the laptop. If i connect a mouse and use that, then everything will work all fine and dandy. But right now, i don't have a mouse available, so i find myself rebooting every few minutes. In fact, i'm just praying it will let me finish this post.

I am obviously real dumb with computers so I don't know any other necessary details so just tell me what to say.

If anyone can help, it'd be greatly appreciated. This thing is driving me nuts...

Thanks in adavnce

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/264742