Laptop cooling pad fans need a push to start spinning

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jeffchua

Hello, I currently using a cooler master U3 cooling pad, recently the fans are not spinning 'automatically' every time when I plugin, and I have to always using an object to give the fans a poke then only they start spinning, what does this mean? I know some will say it's time for a new one, but my brother has a similar one and his doesn't have this problem and working way longer than mine.

fans are mechanical things and can malfunction any time, can't compare it to another, like you said, time for a new one.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
lunarlander:
That cooling pad has 3 fan units that are movable.
Have you viewed the photos of it at its web site?

jeffchua

as flavallee said, it's movable so it's cleaned frequently, and I also tried using WD-40 to lubricate the fan motor when it this problem started, and always after lubricated it will work fine for few months then the problem reoccurs again. I'm ok with keeping on lubricating it every few months if there's no solution, but who like to be bothered by the same thing again and again if there's a solution out there. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online