1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Crash, Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by seshelby, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. seshelby

seshelby Thread Starter

I have no problems working on a desktop but can't do a thing with my laptop. Please help! A few days ago, my system froze up and I had to unplug it and remove the battery to clear the screen. Afterwards there is no indication that the system is even getting any power. No lights or anything. I bought a new AC adapter to no avail. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

2. seshelby

seshelby Thread Starter

I guess this problem has stumped everyone. I guess it is time to junk it and buy a new one.

3. andyspeake

andyspeake

Just some help here - If you have bought a new AC adapter then it must be the laptop itself. It could be the battery

4. zyper95

zyper95

Try removing the battery and just use the AC adapter to power up your laptop.

5. seshelby

seshelby Thread Starter

I tried it without the battery with no luck.

6. zyper95

zyper95

Is there any hizzing sound?

7. seshelby

seshelby Thread Starter

Nope, no sound at all it appears dead.

8. andyspeake

andyspeake

well it sounds like its got something to do with the internal components of the laptop. Have you spilt any liquids near it or dropped the laptop for example?? The only help we can give you on this is that if you have spilt any liquids near it get a hairdryer or something and try and dry the wet area(which probly won't work but worth a go).I would suggest taking it to your nearest computer engineer.

9. seshelby

seshelby Thread Starter

Thanks for trying. I was afraid it was going to come to that.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597406

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice