1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop crashes on sleep mode

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by knows_less, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. knows_less

knows_less Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3948 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 93811 MB; D: Total - 442862 MB, Free - 188188 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. , K52Jr, 1.0 , BSN12345678901234567
    Antivirus: ESET Smart Security 4.2, Updated and Enabled'

Multiple times when ive put my laptop into sleep mode it has crashed when I turn it back on. It does not do it every time, just majority. After I have turned my laptop off normally and then turned it back on I get the windows has crashed screen, asking me if I would like to start my computer in safe mode or normal. I do not get a BSOD. The error message when i log back in says the files that describe the problem are: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP.

Any help anyone could give would be appreciated, thanks.

2. laker_fan

laker_fan

have you tried hybrid sleep

3. knows_less

No such luck, still crashes.

4. knows_less

Anything else I could try? I would like an alternative to reinstalling windows 7

5. vicks

vicks

You might try the following.... When you trun on the power, immediately start to gently tap the F8 key. This should open the safe mode (black window with white lettering) . Use the arrow keys to move up to "last known good configuration" option, click enter. Let the computer do it's thing.
    When this is done, click on the start sphere>computer. RIght click on C drive. click on properties. select Tools tab> error checking. This will open a small box, be sure both items have check mark beside them. Click okay, you will then receive note that it cannot start and ask if you want to start it on your next reboot. Check yes. Immediately reboot the computer. This step can take a LONG time so you will need to be patient. It should repair any bad sector on the drive.
    Post back and let us know how it goes.,
    Vicks

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Did you install SP1 for Windows 7? If so, it's a known bug.

7. vicks

vicks

This is the first time I have heard about a bug with Win 7 SP1. I have had no trouble with it, nor have friends whose computers I keep up have had trouble...
    Will have to be alert and watch for some type of trouble..
    Vicks

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

9. vicks

vicks

Interesting read>
    Vicks

10. knows_less

Thanks for you replies guys. I tried both installing the hotfix and running the error check with no results. Is there some sort of program that can scan my computer and give me a log relevant to my issue?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/996666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice