1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop crashes when playing 'Specific' games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ginnamann, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginnamann

ginnamann Thread Starter

I am facing crash issues with my laptop it overheats and then crashes i have cleaned my laptop today and the fan is now working silently but when i play games such as dragonball fighterz and devil may cry 4 it crashes after 5 or 10 minutes depending on the temp but when i play borderlands 2 it works with no issues. I have limited the processor power in battery options but no luck it crashes anyway.
    Specs - AY007TX i5 6th gen 2GB amd M440 graphics card 8gb ram and 120 gb ssd with 1tb hdd
    any help will be highly appreciated and also i am on developer preview of windows 10

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are using that laptop in a manner for which it was not designed; it is not a gaming laptop. That unit is designed for basic office work ie running word, excel, email, etc. It does not have the cooling or heavy duty parts that are found in a purpose designed gaming laptop.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216686

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice