1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Crashing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by harty, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. harty

harty Thread Starter

Hi recently laptop crashes roughly 2-3 times a week blue screen then countdown 60 secs shuts down then restarts itself I then get this message ......

Consider BIOS upgrade
    Microsoft is unable to determine the exact cause of this error. However, this problem was most likely caused by an error in your computer’s random access memory (RAM). RAM is the main internal storage area the computer uses to run programs and store data.

During the crash analysis, we noticed the basic input/output system (BIOS) version on this computer does not match the specifications for the central processing unit (CPU), also known as a processor, that is installed on your computer. This can occur when a newer processor is installed on an older system board or older BIOS. Using a BIOS that does not support the installed processor can result in Windows system crashes. Contact your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer for an updated version of BIOS for your computer's processor.

How do I find my computer manufacturer?

Tap or click the Start button , type msinfo32 in the search box, and then press Enter. Your computer manufacturer is listed as the System Manufacturer in the right pane of the System Information window.

Tap or click to go online to see contact info for most computer manufacturers
    Notes

Upgrading the BIOS version may require moderate to advanced troubleshooting skills. If you are uncomfortable with performing these steps, you might want to consider consulting with paid technical support.

If your computer contains an Intel desktop board, tap or click the following link to go online for more info:

Intel desktop board BIOS update instructions
    How do I contact my BIOS manufacturer?

For a list of BIOS manufacturer websites, see the following two Knowledge Base articles on the Microsoft Support website:

See the article 243909 for a list of BIOS manufacturer websites Part 1 (A-Pi)
    See the article 243971 for a list of BIOS manufacturer websites Part 2 (Pr-Z)

I am not very good with going through computer processes so thought I would ask you guys in laymens terms what I should do

2. CLCS

CLCS

I bet you know how to get into the bios right? Go into the bios and at the top it should say the bios manufacture and version in there somewhere. Should be the F2 or DEL key as you boot up. Give me that info and I can help you out.

3. harty

harty Thread Starter

Cheers ,,, Spring Peak 1510 0201

4. CLCS

CLCS

That's not the bios manufacturer sry. Sometimes if you take the battery out the model and serial number of the laptop are under the battery.

5. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    On most computers to get to the bios you tap either F1 or F2. the bios or motherboard name will be something like phoenix etc.on most laptops the model and serial numbers are usually found on the bottom of the computer.

6. harty

harty Thread Starter

The model and serial number of my laptop is olivetti olibook S1500 notebook serial number is SP15

7. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Ive never heard of that brand of computer. the only olivetti i remember is typewriters.

8. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085774

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice