Laptop/Cursor lags after few hours/memory build-up

juggernogg

Hello everyone,

I have an Asus Zephyrus GX501 running Windows 10 PRO with 24 GB RAM (16 GB CPU + Nvidia 1080 8GB GPU) and I have been using it for more than 3 years. Since past few months now, I have been noticing that after working on the laptop for a 4 to 5 hours, the laptop starts to lag for a few seconds in between the operation. So after those few hours of operation, there is a memory build-up and the laptop is using around 6 to 7 GBs of RAM from the 24 GB available and I believe that it starts to lag as it touches the 4 GB mark.

For example, I am working on an excel file and have my browser and email software open in background, everything will work fine but all of a sudden the file and the cursor will stop responding for two to three seconds and everything starts working again and then after around 10 mins the same lag problem occurs. This lag then goes on until after I have restarted the laptop. I also normally go to the Asus Gaming Center and try to free some memory as a temporary fix but this is an issue that should not occur in the first place for a computer with such high-end sepcs. May be I am not much educated about the topic but any help in resolving this lag problem would be much appreciated.

Cheers

It is called a memory leak, and it is a problem with a specific application you use. Use each program singly and eliminate which programs are not causing the leak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online