laptop disconnects from network every 2 or 3 days

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ShiVER

My desktop is a Windows 8.1 computer with a tplink router and the offending instrument is the laptop downstairs with Windows 10. Every 2 or 3 days the laptop can't automatically connect and when I order it to connect it just can't. It sees the connection, but it just can't.

What I have to do is this

netsh int ip reset reset.txt
netsh winsock reset
netsh advfirewall reset
ipconfig /flushdns
restart laptop

and then the laptop has internet again.

It's just inconvenient and makes my blood boil. Is this the way it has to be? Any possible solutions I can try?

TerryNet

Terry
Install or reinstall the latest wireless driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

ShiVER

So I installed the latest drivers and it did the same thing. You know what was wrong? The access control of the router was blocking everything, including computers on the whitelist. Everything. Turned access control back on, two days later computers on the whitelist can't connect again. Time to look for a new router again. Thanks for your response TerryNet.

TerryNet

Terry
You're welcome. :)

You may be able to get some more life from the router by making sure you have the latest firmware and then resetting the router to factory defaults. Sometimes that "hard reset" shocks them into behaving properly again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online