1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop display has no picture

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by klnaj, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. klnaj

klnaj Thread Starter

Hi, when I turn on my laptop, there is nothing shown on the display screen. I can hear the fan is running and the laptop is still on.

Since I haven't been turn on my laptop for about 1 months, will this cause the probelm? My laptop model is Dell E1405.

Thanks for the help

2. steven1350

steven1350

Its possible that your moniter died. I currently have a Latitude C600, and its screen is dying. When it turn it on, the display is garbled, and I have to use force to get a readable picture.

Also, its possible that the video cable came lloe from the motherboard. To make sure that its not your graphics card, use an external moniter

3. klnaj

klnaj Thread Starter

What are the symptoms it has if the laptop screen is dying? When I turn on the laptop, basically there is nothing shown on the screen. Is the laptop using the same graphic card for the display screen? Because even I connected the external monitor to the laptop graphic card, there is nothing shown on the external monitor too. Thanks for the helps.

4. doyle.jack

doyle.jack

Yeah, that sounds like a hardware problem to me. This thread should probably be moved to the appropriate topic. However, if you are still under warranty, I would recommend calling Dell support.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/533451