Laptop display problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dennis2408

i have an Acer aspire laptop, over the past few weeks a red "band" has appeared in the middle of the screen, at first it was very faint but has got worse recently. It appears toflicker when programmes are running and is not always present. any ideas?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
See if it's present whenever the red pixels should not be illuminated. This sounds like a physical failure of the panel, I have one here with a single pixel wide blue line running down it. If I put up a white screen, which also uses the blue pixels, the line disappears.

dennis2408

Hi John,
it shows through on a white screen, it seems to flicker when the processor isn't at idle,
if that makes any sense
cheers

Does it go all the way through the screen or just part way? If it goes all the way through try squeezing the case just above it and see if it goes away.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online