Laptop display problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Olorin

There is a red line appearing on my laptop display about 1/4 from the right edge of the screen. It appears during boot up as well as while in Windows. The laptop is SONY GR170K.

Is this a common probelm? Can it be corrected without having to be sent back to SONY?

Hi Olorin

Since the line appears at bootup I would say that there is a defect in the LCD screen, If the unit is under warranty I would send it to SONY for repair. BOL

Have you try connection the laptop to a monitor? if not do so and see if the line is still there or not. I too agree if the system is still under warranty send it back.

Olorin

Thanks for the replys. Spoke to Sony-- they agreed that it is a mechanical problem, and I need to send it back. Thankfully it is under warranty.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online