1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Display - Windows thinks monitor is bigger than it actually is

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jfm429, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfm429

jfm429 Thread Starter

I'm helping someone fix a Lenovo 3000 C200 laptop that has a 1124x768 screen. The image on the screen stretches past the right edge of the screen by maybe 2 inches and past the bottom edge by about 1/2 inch. I checked the resolution and it's set at 1124x768. However, I checked the hardware settings on the monitor and Windows reports it as a 1280x800 screen, which explains why the image appears stretched off the edge. Windows is trying to stretch the image to fill pixels that don't exist. Is there a way to force Windows to recognize the screen as the correct resolution, or is this a hardware problem?

2. jfm429

jfm429 Thread Starter

Anybody? The sooner it gets fixed the better.

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

That should read 1024x768 NOT 1124x768

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/794345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice