Laptop does not connect to internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nascarjrfan

My HP laptop will not connect to internet, Windows 10 OS. All I get is NO INTERNET CONNECTION and it shows to be connected.

nascarjrfan

DNS server not found is one response. Now my other laptop will not connect for that reason. Our PC, my iPhone, iPad will all connect.

TerryNet

Terry
You fail to get a network connection with both ethernet and Wi-Fi? Or do you get a good connection to the router but do not have internet access?

Have you checked to make sure you have the latest correct network drivers?

What firewall or security suite are you using?

Couriant

James
To add to Terry's questions:

Please provide the information from Command Prompt that comes with this command:

ipconfig /all

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
My HP laptop will not connect to internet, Windows 10 OS. All I get is NO INTERNET CONNECTION and it shows to be connected.
If you are seeing this as you click the "Network" icon in the lower right of the screen, yes you are connected to the network, BUT, the network is NOT connected to the internet.
To many people think that this icon is the "internet" connection.

nascarjrfan

I'm using Windows Defender firewall. I have a connection with Wi-Fi but do not have internet access.
I've typed in the command. It pops up but immediately pops off.
I was looking at these settings. There is no IP address or DNS server address.

nascarjrfan

I have the info, TerryNet, just don' know how to get it here since I don't have a connection.

Couriant

James
I should have been more specific, I meant to type the ipconfig command in a Command Prompt window which you can get by typing Command Prompt in the Search bar.

But the image shows that your computer should be receiving information from your router directly. The IPCONFIG command will show us exactly what it received.

Couriant

James
In command prompt, try these commands:

ping google.com
ping 8.8.8.8
ping 192.168.1.254

and let me know if you get any responses.

nascarjrfan

Ping request could not find host google.com. Please check the name and try again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online