1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by yoboby, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yoboby

yoboby Thread Starter

Everytime i open my laptop it freezes and then it sometimes it shows a blue screen telling me that my video card is in an infinite loop it says to restart and if that doesnt work it says to update my drivers which i did and it says to conctact the company(I have an Ati Radeon 7500)

Im posting this on my other computer

2. valis

valis Moderator

try uninstalling the card and then reinstalling it. Did you get the new driver from ati.com?

3. yoboby

yoboby Thread Starter

I think im going to unninstall the card and reinstall it can you tell me how because i dont think the drivers are the problem

4. valis

valis Moderator

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Since this is a laptop, you need to get the drivers from the laptop manufacturer, not ATI. Also, you almost certainly cannot physically remove the "card" because it's probably soldered onto the motherboard.

6. yoboby

yoboby Thread Starter

I tried downloading the driver but in the middle if my download it froze and blue screened me. Ill get the driver from my laptop manafactuer

7. valis

valis Moderator

cool, keep us posted.

doublehelix, why would one NOT be able to use the driver for the video card if it's in a laptop? Never heard of that before. The ATI site has the driver for the radeon 7500, can't see why it wouldn't work......unless there isn't a radeon 7500 in the laptop.

As for the uninstall/reinstall, pretty sure that can still be done in safe mode via device manager. ;)

v

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The chipset in a laptop video card may not the same as a desktop video card (or something to that effect). When working with laptops or any pre-built box (like HP or Dell), you need to install drivers from the computer manufacturer's web site as there may be slight differences than in the stand-alone components.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice