laptop failing to boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tweedie18

my acer aspire 5742z wont boot it ask if I want to start normally or safe mode or last know good configuration, none of them make a difference it loads as far as windows logo and stays there for a few minutes then restarts.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The Acer Aspire 5742Z laptop appears to come with Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit or 64-bit.

What did you do with that laptop BEFORE the boot failure issue started?

----------------------------------------------------------

tweedie18

I do, I have re installed a few times and It works (very slowly) then when I switch it off it does it all over again a few shops have said it might be the hard drive but im looking for a cheaper solutuion

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If that laptop is more than 3 - 4 years old and goes through a lot of use, a hard drive replacement may be in order.

If that laptop is more than 3 - 4 years old and goes through a lot of use, a hard drive replacement may be in order.

Yea, that should work out good, I have tthe same laptop and experienced the same fault last year. I had everything reloaded on a new hd and its working soo good. Quiet expensive at where I am.

Slyvan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online