1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop fan and hard drive light always running/on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jicedog, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jicedog

jicedog Thread Starter

I have an Acer Aspire 5745 that is about 2 or 3 years old. I have been noticing that the hard drive light is either always blinking or always on, also the fan has been running constantly. Because the light is always on, the computer is running extremely slow. Simple and easy tasks such as opening a browser or even turning the volume up or down takes several seconds to 5 minutes.
    I have tried uninstalling the antivirus AVG 2013 but it keeps coming up with a java error.
    Please help!!
    I'm not sure what other information to give. Please let me know what more information you need to help me.
    Thanks!

Extra notes:
    I am running Windows 7 Home Premium

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    It might mean that the computer needs a good cleaning.laptops dont get as dusty and dirty as desktops but it doesnt hurt to look and see.you might have to take it somewhere and have it checked out.

3. jicedog

jicedog Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. I'm not sure if that's going to help but I am looking for something to help with that. Does anybody else have any suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087281

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice