1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop fan noise HP - ENVY x360 15.6" AMD Ryzen 5 2 in 1

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Findanewhouse, Jan 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Findanewhouse

Findanewhouse Thread Starter

Hello, I recently purchased a brand new HP - ENVY x360 15.6" AMD Ryzen 5 2 in 1 - 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD, Silver (windows 10) from curry’s. I like the laptop but the fan is unbelievably noisy and it is always on if the laptop is on. I’ve tried a whole number of internet suggested tips like bios upgrade and turn active to passive etc but nothing has worked.

Unfortunately I have a particular sensitivity to noise so I’m finding it impossible to use this laptop.

I have three questions:

1. Does anyone have any experience of this laptop and if yes, do you know if there is anything I can do to make the fan less noisy?

2. Can anyone recommend a similar spec laptop at Currys (if I return this one I will have £700 in Currys vouchers but can add more if needs be). I will use the laptop for internet, movies and pictures. I don’t play games and don’t need it for work.

3. Would the same laptop but i5 version be better? I don’t know what drives the fan noise.

Thanks so much. I called curry’s helpline and they told me they have no info on laptop fan noise and that I should search the net for recommendations on what laptop to buy ‍♂️.

Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221364

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice