1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Fan not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leenga, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leenga

leenga Thread Starter

Compaq Presario 1720US

I noticed that the fan quit working so I bought a replacement. Put the new one in and it still didn't run. Checked the fan (with a battery) and it works. (should have done this before buying one)

If it is not the fan itself, what else could it be?

2. spdabbs

spdabbs

Is the laptop actually overheating? If not, it's likely that the fan only kicks in when the CPU hits a certain temperature.

3. bonk

bonk Banned

I believe there is a switch mechanism on the board with the fan that could be faulty

When you put the fan in it isn't trapped anywhere is it?

4. leenga

leenga Thread Starter

i don't leave it on long enough for it to overheat, i just assumed it would - the fan used to run alot so it was quite noticable when it quit

it used to run as soon as I turned on the computer but now it doesn't

i'll have to look into it further

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/546600

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice