1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop fan running constantly and getting slower by the day

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by miamia89, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miamia89

miamia89 Thread Starter

Hi, just a quickie (hopefully).

My laptop, over the last week, has been gradually getting slower and the fans kick in after about ten minutes of use and it's really not liking it if I go on YouTube, the videos play sound fine but the image can't keep up. For the record I use Firefox and other than a good knowledge of navigating myself around my pc to be able to use the Adobe suite, the internet and torrent downloading and other such media uses, I know very little about system technicalities and therefor I am not very good at pc maintainance hence why it's got to this point, I suppose, perhaps there is just too many programs on my pc or files or the fan needs cleaning or I've got viruses or something? Well that's why i'm here I don't really know where to start. I did run CCleaner on it the other day but to no avail.

Sorry for the long post, any help would be much appreciated.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Considering what your computing habits and practices are, it's a good bet that your computer is infected and infested with viruses, malware, spyware, etc.. :eek:

----------------------------------------------------------

3. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    For a fan to run constantly isnt a good sign.Downloading torrents isnt helping things either.They are usually filled with viruses and spyware.I would start by having the computer cleaned out to see if theres any dust in there.As far as AVG theres much better antivirus programs out there that you can use.Most people on here recommend microsoft security essentials instead of AVG.Perhaps you can ask a moderator for further assistance to see which programs can be safely removed if you have a lot in there not needed or being used.They can also advise you if you have a virus or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice