1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop for gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by 5yrold, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 5yrold

5yrold Thread Starter

Are laptops good for gaming. Thinking to buy my son one. He doesn't have room for a full size computer. Like to keep under $700.00.

thanks,

Bob

2. DataBase

DataBase

Laptops are not really built for gaming, well the standard ones arent anyway, Alienware laptops however are build for this purpose, have a look at their site.

http://www.alienware.com/

3. 5yrold

5yrold Thread Starter

Thanks for the link DataBase

WOW, that's alot of money, LOL. He doesn't need one that bad :)

Thanks,

Bob

4. DataBase

DataBase

lol i know those are some expensive puppies arnt they?

usually the problem with laptops are the poor quality graphics cards and memory, heres another link, i just googled gaming laptops, try it you may find something good.

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/gaming_laptops/page.asp

5. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

well if ur looking for gaming then you shudnt get a laptop they are not thermally sound as gaming devices and will over heat under high graphical load..so it depends on the type of game ur lookin at playing

6. 5yrold

5yrold Thread Starter

The Wife wants to buy one for him for his birthday. After she seen this thread she decided not to :) :) He has a ps3 and xbox360 and i bought him a 32" HDTV for xmas so thats it for now and he's only 12

Thanks,

Bob

7. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

good grief....only 12...so i take it he spends most of his time inside infront of the tv huh...hel need heart surgery by the time hes 30:) ha...at 12 he shud be out playin football or climbin trees...:)

but yeh...laptops are not good for gaming, and i wouldnt recomend a PC for someone who doesnt know how to tender to it and keep it running smoothly, as gaming is very demanding on a system...so it will need to be kept clean and clutter free

8. ICONIC

ICONIC

Laptops are fine for gaming they can have everything a desktop can have except for the graphics card. i would suggest you buy from dell, they sell cheap computers for what you get alienware is expensive.

The problem is if your getting a really high end gaming system a desktop is much cheaper than a laptop.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/674284

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice