1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop freezes after 10 minutes after startup

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by darkangst, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkangst

darkangst Thread Starter

I have a gateway T2868 I think on Windows Vista. The problem still persisted after I did system restore? (the one where all your data is wiped and goes back to factory settings).

Also the laptop is very slow in starting up, but it does get to the Desktop window. My uncle did mention that the fan doesn't move after startup. Could that have burned the CPU and caused the slowness and the freezing? For some reason I thought it was a hard drive problem, and bought a new one. My uncle doesn't want to go through all the effort of installing it since he thinks it's damage caused by the fan breaking down.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

2. DVOM

DVOM

The fan has to be fixed. The machine has to be able to cool itself.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1040711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice