1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop freezes after plugging in AC adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mspt47, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mspt47

mspt47 Thread Starter

I'm rather rusty with working with computers, and I'm not even sure if this is right place for this, but I recently got a new Gateway T-6836 laptop which runs on Vista (64-bit). I noticed that while I have my computer on, if I unplug the AC adapter to move to another location and I plug the AC adapter back in, everything freezes. I can't even get the mouse to move and there even is no response that the caps lock is on. I end up having to force the laptop to power off.

There seems to be no problem when I unplug and plug back in the laptop while it is off.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

I would just suggest you don't unplug your system from an electrical outlet while on unless you eventually want to purchase a new system. That's just a common sense approach. I would imagine it would freeze up under those circumstances. You need to make sure the system is off before you try the plug n play with your PSU. Jazz

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/784190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice