1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop freezes and buzzing sound if playing a music

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hakanss, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hakanss

hakanss Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

4 months ago freezing problems started with my laptop and running chkdsk and hdd regenator repaired bad sectors and this relieved my pc health making it better than before, but not totally sufficient.

However in the past 2 months I am suffering from a new set of freezing issues which occur so often and i could not manage to solve or get any improvement. Basically, it happens
    1)every 20-40mins and freezing lasts about 5minutes. if I am playing a music video on a website, then the speaker would be forcing itself to play the music for less than a minute which would be heard as buzzing, and then it will stop.
    2) Same type of freezing also occurs when a game is open while all browsers and music players are closed in the background.
    3) In rare occasions no freezing occurs but skype crashes during a voice call giving an error related to shockwave. I believe this could be a related problem but not sure.

here some more info:
    -graphics driver is updated to latest version and downgrading back to the older versions did not help
    -no disk errors could be found using chkdsk and hdd regenarator scans/repairs
    -Uninstalling flash player and installing/upgrading to the latest version did not work
    -cleaning cache using ccleaner, diskdefragmenting using popular softwares, or running popular computer care taker softwares did not help.
    -windows 7 has the latest updates.

my computer info are:

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core i3 350M @ 2.27GHz 46 °C
    Arrandale 32nm Technology
    RAM
    4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
    Motherboard
    Sony Corporation VAIO (N/A) 46 °C
    Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor ([email protected])
    Intel HD Graphics
    Hard Drives
    298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200BEVT-26A23T0 (SATA) 40 °C
    Ricoh Memory Stick Disk Device (IDE)
    Ricoh SD/MMC Disk Device (IDE)
    Optical Drives
    VYXO NOL6ZO5QR0LQ SCSI CdRom Device
    Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H
    DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

Could you please help me solving this issue, or at least making things a bit better so that i could use laptop continously for about an hour hopefully. Thanks

2. hakanss

hakanss Thread Starter

An additional info is this freezing only happens while watching a video or playing a game. However when I uninstalled flash, the firefox played the youtube video using html5 and freezing happened again. Does anyone have an idea or suggestion to solve this?

3. Netghost56

Netghost56

Have you updated or rolled back your chipset drivers?

Is the laptop getting hot right before the freezing/issues occur? Is it hot during normal operation? Can you feel the air moving out of the vent where the fan is? Is the fan running all the time or just sporadically?

I would think you might have a bad CPU, but freezing/hang up issues are tricky to diagnose.

4. hakanss

hakanss Thread Starter

I am using a Vaio laptop which allows only Vaio provided driver updates and laptop is not getting hot. fan works normally without making a noise and keeping the laptop in standard temperatures.

freezing occurs almost all the time I am playing a video for example in youtube. Laptop freezes in the same way when flash player is uninstalled and html5 is used. However yesterday I noticed that Adobe Shockwave Player was not installed in my laptop and after installing it I got considerable improvements such as less frequent freezing (every hour instead of every 20mins) and less freezing duration (few minutes instead of 5-6 minutes)

So basically since 4 months only 2 things helped me since 4 months:
    1) finding/repairing the bad sectors on the disk has reduced the problems greatly for few months only
    2) installing shockwave player reduced the freezing duration and frequency.

should i consider replacing the hard disk or replacing the ram chips?

5. allteltech

allteltech

When a HD starts showing bad sectors it is time to backup and look for a new HD, You are usually on borrow time.

6. Netghost56

Netghost56

Replacing the hard drive would probably be the cheapest route at this point.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1102533

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice