1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop freezes completely while watching a video

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shrek3000, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shrek3000

shrek3000 Thread Starter

Jun 17, 2012
    Whenever I watch a video on my laptop (sony vaio) after a while the laptop will freeze completely but i can still hear the audio but the audio is in slow motion.
    No button at all works while this is happening, not even closing it and trying to make it going into standby works either.
    It can freeze for anything up to 3 or 4 minutes at a time.
    I thought perhaps it may have been a heat issue so i purchased a cooler fan for it which hasnt helped
    but 1 thing i have noticed is I took it abroad for 3 months there and the problem didnt even happen once and this was without the cooling fan too. But now that im back the problem has returned
    It is only when im watching videos or a video call on skype or msn etc
    I would very much appreciate it if you could help me with this

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

May 12, 2011
    Check Windows Event Viewer to see if Windows is logging any errors.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1057504