1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Freezing Randomly and Fixing Itself Repeatedly

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wrfidm29, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wrfidm29

wrfidm29 Thread Starter

I started having this problem maybe 2 months ago where my computer will freeze for about 30-45 seconds and then go back to normal. When my computer is frozen, everything freezes including the mouse and no matter what button I press nothing fixes it, it just fixes itself. It seems to happen more often when I'm watching videos and when it does happen whatever sound the video is making is stretched out for the length of the computer freezing (like a skipped CD). It is completely random, it doesn't happen at certain times or at certain intervals, which is why I can't figure it out. I thought it might be when my computer feels hot but that's not always the case.The weird thing is, I live in California and I went to Michigan for a couple weeks and when I was there, this didn't happen at all. It also didn't happen in the old apartment I lived in which was using a different router. It doesn't seem like an internet problem but the problem seems pretty consistent with the internet I'm using now. I tried scanning my computer with antivirus software and got rid of any problems there were but it didn't seem to help the freezing.

I would really appreciate it if someone with more computer knowledge than me could help me out here, I've been trying to figure this out for a long time. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1048683