1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop freezing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AKblestmom, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKblestmom

AKblestmom Thread Starter

I have an Acer Aspire 5732Z laptop that keeps freezing. It will stay frozen for about 5 to 10 minutes, then will work again, although very sluggishly. I can shut down, and turn back on, and the process repeats. Sometimes it happens every few minutes, sometimes I can go an hour or more before it freezes.

Here are my laptop specs:
    Acer Aspire 5732Z
    Windows 7
    Pentium(R) Dual-Core
    CPU T4400 @
    2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
    3.00 GB RAM
    64-bit Operating System

I pressed F2 on startup, and there is this:
    "SATA Port0 Disk Status: Froze"

(I checked again a short while later, and it said clear, but now it is back to Froze.)

Does this sound like a hard drive failure? I've backed up everything on an external hard drive. Before checking that F2, when trying to figure out what was going on, I did a complete defrag, deleted a bunch of Windows updates that automatically updated right when this started to happen, deleted a WDFME.exe file that was hogging most of my CPU usage, ran chkdsk, Malwarebytes, disk clean up, etc.

I do have the extended warranty on the laptop, so if it is the hard drive failing, I will file a claim.

Thank you for any help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice