Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laptop getting stuck after Driver Update

664 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  lunarlander 
#1 ·
Recently my hp laptop's cd drive kept popping out and I tried installing a drive repairer application which suggested to update my driver.
After updating I restarted the laptop and when I try to sign in it says can't sign in to your account and provides a temorary profile.Surfing through google for help, I managed to sign to my account but the laptop is getting stuck and I am not able to open any applications..
Also the start menu is not working.I request you to pls help me with this issue as soon as possible and I will be sincerely grateful.

#4 ·
Not being able to logon to windows, and start menu not working are behaviours usually prevalent in systems infected with some kind of malware. There could be other reasons too that rendered your system unresponsive, but malware is the most common.

Before going any further with making your system workable I would highly recommend that you backup all your data on the current machine. If it's not possible with WindowsOS then you can use a Live Linux OS such as Puppy Linux for backup. It's tiny and I highly recommend it. Steps are here.

The central government has listed some 42 or so apps as dangerous check FinancialExpress's article here. Cheetah CM is one of the app mentioned.

As I'm not an expert on virus removal and also not authorised by the TSG to provide full assistance with respect to virus/malware removal (we have experts specifically for that) so I can only suggest making a bootable antivirus USB, boot your system using that and try to scan for Virus or Malware. You can choose one from here, but I personally like Comodo.

If you need to update drivers in future never do it from any 3rd party applications but go to the official website and choose the download. Also always check the SHA256/MD5 sums for the downloaded files wherever possible.

And finally, you may wait for TSG's virus/malware expert to help you with this. (y)(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.